ICELAND ALPINE YOGA RETREAT
mountains. women. yoga. hot springs.
April 23-29, 2016
A unique ski tour in an all-women setting; this retreat is about getting inspired and share it with other women alike. Tune into yourself and get fully immersed with the Icelandic landscape and culture where mountains meet the ocean just below the arctic circle. This is more than just a ski trip, it’s combining a holistic wellness approach with the backcountry experience and using the unique Icelandic nature as inspiration.
We will be based out of the comfortable country lodge Karlsá, in the middle of the best ski terrain that the Troll Peninsula has to offer. We will start each day with a sunny yoga practice and fuel for the day with a delicious breakfast.
We spend the day ski touring, with the sweetest Swedish guide Emelie Stenberg. Ski starts just above sea level and then watching the open ocean from a mountain top. After each day of skiing we will nourish ourselves with yoga and visit one of the regions many geothermal pools to soothe the muscles and mind. This time of the year the midnight sun barely touches the ocean before it rises again.
the retreat price includes:
- Transportation between Akureyri and the lodge
- Transportation in 4×4 vehicles for the duration of the trip
- All food from dinner on day 1 to lunch on day 7
- Accommodation in double rooms with shared bathrooms for 6 nights
- Entry fees to geothermal baths
- Guided ski tours by certified female guide
- Instructed yoga classes every day by certified yoga teacher
- Use of emergency equipment and communications
- Rental of glacier travel gear, ropes, harness, crampons
Transportation between Reykjavik and Akureyri before and after trip is not included. For registration, please send an email here with title ‘Iceland alpine yoga retreat’.
This retreat is designed for women with some ski experience with a good level of fitness. However, no backcountry skiing or yoga experience is needed.